2 cups of Elderberries
2-3 tablespoon of licorice root powder
2 cups of raw orgainc honey
4 cups cold water (distilled, purified, or spring water works best)
2-3 tablespoon of white willow bark
2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine berries and herbs with cold water in pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow herbs to simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep 1 hour.
- Strain berries and herbs using a funnel overlaid with doubled cheesecloth or undyed cotton muslin bag and squeeze out liquid (careful, liquid will likely still be hot!). Discard used herbs in compost.
- pour into small mason jars and keep refrigerated if you are not canning. Makes up to three cups.